Aims & Ethos
The Junior King’s School aims to provide an outstanding all-round education for boys and girls between the ages of 3-13, within a happy, secure and caring environment at the centre of which is a vibrant boarding community.
The School aims to develop each child’s physical, social, spiritual, cultural and intellectual life, responding to their unique potential and building strong, confident foundations for life.
The Junior King’s School will aim to achieve this by providing:
- A calm, happy and purposeful working atmosphere
- A Christian ethos reflecting the broad Anglican tradition of the Cathedral
- Encouragement for every child to live and work to his or her full potential
- Positive role models and values, building self-belief and self-esteem
- A clearly defined and accepted code of conduct for everyone in the community
- Sensitive pastoral care based upon a close understanding of each child
- A healthy, attractive and stimulating environment for learning and growing
- A close and harmonious partnership between staff, pupils and parents
- High quality resources and able, well-motivated teachers
- Enrichment of a broad curriculum with many extra-curricular activities
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and community awareness